Dominique Barneaud has been producing television and theatrical films for 20 years.
After finishing his business and administration degree (E.S. Management in France and Western Michigan University in the USA), he held an assistant position at Fox/Lorber inc., an independent distribution company in the US. As a producer, he created Kalamazoo Films, a Paris based production company in 1992. He joined AGAT Films & Cie / Ex Nihilo in 2000, with whom he produced many feature films, TV dramas and documentaries, up until the end of 2010.
Since then, he has joined Bellota Films, a company he created in 2009 with partner Hind Saih, to produce with the highest standards, new television and theatrical films, as well as new media initiatives, in France, and also using their important network of partners around the globe.
Recent feature film releases include :
- Diego Lerman's "LA MIRADA INVISIBLE" coproduced with El Campo Cine in Argentina (Canal+, NHK-Sundace award, Fonds Sud, Ibermedia, Pyramide sales), with a premiere at Director's Fornight in Cannes 2010.
- Jean-Jacques Zilbermann's latest picture, "MA FOLLE HISTOIRE D'AMOUR, L'ARMEE DU CRIME" by Robert Guédiguian (official selection Cannes 2009) and the new film by Icelandic director Dagur Kari "THE GOOD HEART" (in co-production with Zik Zak and Nimbus Films, distributed by Wild Bunch and Le Pacte), premiere in Toronto 2009, Deauville 2009.
Other work for cinema include :
- Hiner Saleem's "LES TOITS DE PARIS" (Locarno 2007) and "APRES LA CHUTTE" (Locarno 2009)
- The second feature film by Laurent Achard "THE LAST OF THE CRAZY PEOPLE" (Prix Jean Vigo 2006 and Best Director in Locarno 2006) (Distributed in France January 2007)
- "LES FAUTES D'ORTHOGRAPHE" by Jean-Jacques Zilbermann, with Damien Jouillerot, Carole Bouquet, Olivier Gourmet. Coproduction France 3 Cinéma, StudioCanal. (Opening of the Locarno film fest 2004)
- "CODE 68" by Jean-Henri Roger, with Judith Cahen, Stanislas Merhar, Ariane Ascarides (distributed in july 2005 by Bac Films)
- "9M2" by J. Glasberg & J. Césarini co-produced by Arte France and Lieux Fictifs (Locarno 2005 – Distributed in February 2006)
Dominique has been active in initiating new concepts for TV drama, with series such as "MATTONVILLE" by Hassan Mebarki and Abdel Raouf Dafri (8x52' currently in development with Agat Films, Canal +). He is developping two projects with France Television and is completing the drama "VALPARAISO" by Jean-Christophe Delpias, with Jean-François Stevenin, Peter Coyote and Helena Noguerra, co-produced with ARTE France, Samsa Films (Lux), Artémis (Belgium), Fondsa, A+Image, Media and EuropeImages.
Documentaries in post-production or recently completed include :
- "T-SHIRT STORIES" - 52' by Dimitri Pailhe and Julien Potart, Canal+, Arte France, Be.TV, Intuitive Pictures (airing June 29th on Canal+).
- "GHOSTWRITERS, IN THE SHADE" - 52' by Armelle Brusq, Canal +, Procirep and CNC.
- "THE INVISIBLES" - 90' by Vincent Maillard, France 2, Procirep, CNC
- "ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW" - 3x90' by François Chilowicz, France 2, Planète Justice, Région Ile de France, Procirep, CNC
- "ROMANES" - 90' by Jacques Deschamps, Cinaps TV, CNC et Procirep
Some recent TV credits include:
- "CLEANING LADIES" by François Chilowicz for France 2
- "MEN FOR REAL" by François Chilowicz for France 2
- "THE GOLD OF PASCUA LAMA" by Carmen Castillo for Arte France, co-produced with Alter Prod (Chile)
- "JEANNE IS RETIRING" by Frédéric Compain for ARTE France
- "ON THE WOLRD'S VOLCANOES" a 10x26' serie co-produced with ARTE
- "EL CAMINO DEL INCA" by Carmen Castillo and Sylvie Blum for France 5
- "MON JULES VERNE" by Patricio Guzmàn for Arte France
- "OCEANAUTES" by Jérôme Scemla for Arte France
- "BAGDAD, LIFE AT ALL PRICE" by M.A. Poyet for Arte France
- "A LIFE IN THE AIR" by François Chilowicz for Arte France
- "LE ROSSIGNOL" by Christian Chaudet opera co-produced by Arte and Wnet, NYC - PBS USA (winner of the best film – FIPA 2006, nominated for an Emmy Award)
- "THE MEN ON THE LABICI B" by François Chilowicz, co-produced by Arte (Prix du Jury at Festival du Reel, Paris 2004, Grand Prize, Traces de vie Festival)
- "CITIZEN CAM" a mockumentary co-produced with Canal +, Saga Films (Iceland) and Paris Première (FIPA d’OR for best fiction film – FIPA 2000, France)
Dominique was elected vice-president of the French Syndicate of Independent Producers (SPI) between 1998 and 2001, and is now an elected member of the executive council at the USPA producer's association, a member of the C7 organization, and a member of the International French producers & distributors association (TVFI). He is the elected president of the PROCIREP TV Commission, and a voting member of the French Cinema Academy. He also acts as an expert for the European Media Program in the field of TV, new medias and cinema.
With Agat Films/ExNihilo Dominique received the Procirep Best Producer award in 2005 and the Raimondo Rezzonico award of European Independent Production during the Locarno Film Festival in 2006.